URC522 Article 26C iii

Simple is Beautiful; the only thing came in my mind when thought of documentary collection. And I think more and more people are thinking the same in these days. Documentary Collection offers us far greater security than selling on open account; but not as much as a documentary credit. We should therefore be more cautious before starting selling using this method of payment. Documentary Collection Forum is an effort to help you on this way – admin; besttradesolution.com
VirafMirza
First Name: Viraf
Last Name: Mirza
Organization: Suncorp Bank
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

URC522 Article 26C iii

Post by VirafMirza » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:41 am

Dear All,

Case Study : Usance document under collection, drawee accepts bill of exchange to mature i.e. 01/01/2012. Just before maturity drawee request collecting/presenting bank to send the message for extension, message sent to remitting bank and drawee not paying the collection in accordance to the maturity date. Remitting bank does not reply collecting/presenting bank sends 2 more messages at the interval of 21 days and we are over 60 days. As per subject article after 60 days upon non receipt of further instruction can collecting/presenting return the accepted Bill of Exchange bank to remitting bank.

Your valued opinions appreciated.

picant

Behaviour

Post by picant » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:02 pm

Hi Pal,

banks must adopt a mutual kindly behaviour. If a bank asks for fresh instructions the presenting bank must answer, stating may be,"" Drawee or drawer do not answer to our letter, mail, fax or phone call"".
The collecting bank could return the unpaid item, asking for refund of charges.
Other comments appreciated
Ciao

WanDan
First Name: Wan
Last Name: Dan
Organization: Bank
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

URC522, Article 26C iii

Post by WanDan » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:08 pm

IMHO you may return the Bill as per captioned article.

Cheers