Document Under Collection Lost By Mail

Simple is Beautiful; the only thing came in my mind when thought of documentary collection. And I think more and more people are thinking the same in these days. Documentary Collection offers us far greater security than selling on open account; but not as much as a documentary credit. We should therefore be more cautious before starting selling using this method of payment. Documentary Collection Forum is an effort to help you on this way – admin; besttradesolution.com
salemwoow
First Name: Mohamed
Last Name: Salem
Organization: JBANK
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Post by salemwoow » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:31 am

Hi

Bank (A) has received documents for collection from Bank (B), the docs has been outstanding for a long time so bank (A) returned the docs to the bank (B) remitting bank by express courier, but the docs has been lost by express courier.
my question : is the bank (A) obliged to pay the docs value to bank (B) remitting bank ?

Regards,
Salem

aliraza110
First Name: Aliraza
Last Name: Shivji
Organization: TCS

Document under collection

Post by aliraza110 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:54 pm

No bankis not liable to pay

tiyo
First Name: titi
Last Name: yogi
Organization: bni

lost docs

Post by tiyo » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:00 am

I think bank A have no obligation to pay the Docs, since there is no obligation for both bank, remitting bank and collecting bank, under collection transaction.
other comment will be appreciated
regards
Titi

WanDan
First Name: Wan
Last Name: Dan
Organization: Bank

Post by WanDan » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:00 pm

Hi,

I think you are right. There is no responsibility on the banks as per Art. 14, a URC522. Maybe the drawer/bank can claim from the courier service which should be liable.

Cheers,
Dan