What Is The Maximum Deviation Allowed In Title Of A Document

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
shahriar
First Name: Shahriar
Last Name: Masum
Organization: Mutual Trust Bank
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

What Is The Maximum Deviation Allowed In Title Of A Document

Post by shahriar » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:54 pm

dear friends,

consider the following quote from ISBP
Documents may be titled as called for in the credit, bear a similar title or be untitled.
what is the maximum deviation in title that you will allow under this lines

shahriar

cristiand969
First Name: Cristian
Last Name: D.
Organization: Bank

Re: title of a document

Post by cristiand969 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:11 pm

Dear Shahriar
In absence of any document to be reviewed and LC conditions my answer is :COMMON SENSE. The most important is to fulfill the function of doc required.You cannot expect to have a requirement for a certificate of weight and to have a presentation of certificate of origin regardless it contain some details of packing. But a document named Packing Details instead of weight list in which you will have list of weight would be acceptable.

Navi
First Name: Olcay
Last Name: Özcan
Organization: Bank

Post by Navi » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:17 pm

Dear Shahriar,
In my opinion, it is difficult to answer this question generally, and to set a standard for when we can accept the document? with what title? etc. ICC itself is not precise either.
ISBP says that " The content of a document must appear to fulfil the function of the required document". In light of this sentence, it may be understood that "function" is more determinent than "name" of the document.
Nevertheless, I cannot say that I will always accept these kind of documents when they fulfil the required function.
regards

iLC

Post by iLC » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:27 pm

agree with the answers. it depends on the case in concern. i agree with the last sentence of navi. coz fulfilling function is a difficult term. its may be that a document fulfill the function but still not the one asked by the credit.

iLC