Basic Idea About Insurance Policy In International Trade

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
raseen

Basic Idea About Insurance Policy In International Trade

Post by raseen » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:31 pm

I think it's one of the main instrument used in documentary credit aspect . but I can't find any resource explain it & gives the basis elements should be taken car of when issued for covering L/C goods !!
I would appreciate any assistance .

jmitra
First Name: jasmit
Last Name: mitra
Organization: bank
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Re: insurance policy

Post by jmitra » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:38 pm

dear raseen,

could u b bit specific? whats the confusion is about?

regards

mitra

raseen

Post by raseen » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:10 pm

Dear Mitra,

thanks , all what I want is an overview on insurance policy .
- the principles .
- types .
- things should be mentioned on policy face .
- things should be paid attention , while issuing the insurance policy that could cause a serious damage .

iLC

Post by iLC » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:52 pm

dear raseen,

i appreciate your urge for learning new things. i really do. but im afraid i wont be able to help you. insurance is a vast issue. an industry in itself. there are numerous things to know. to be honest, most of the bankers know even less than 5% of insurance. UCP uses only a tiny portion of the insurance. i can offer you an idea. try some LC cases related to insurance. you may also search the net. if there is any specific query, please do post. i will try to answer if i know the answer while i think i wont know the answer :lol:

iLC

cristiand969
First Name: Cristian
Last Name: D.
Organization: Bank
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Post by cristiand969 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:01 pm

Dear Raseen
Why don't you try the following: http://www.export911.com/e911/ship/insure.htm and all related sublinks. It will give you some clues.
Dear iLC ,
There is always room for the bankers to improve their knowledge and they should do that. A chinese saying: If you know the enemy
and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle. (Art of war by Sun Tzu)

Regards
Cristian

raseen

Post by raseen » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:40 pm

100% I agree with you Dear Cristian , Bank's customer always highly expecting that bankers know everything about their jobs . what I would like to say that bankers have to be ready to fulfill their customers' needs by keeping their knowledge updated .
By the way thanks very much for the web site I really enjoyed scanning it .

Best Regards