Selling Goods To Pakistan On The Basis Of Registration Of Co

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
leechiankoh

Selling Goods To Pakistan On The Basis Of Registration Of Co

Post by leechiankoh » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:04 pm

Hi,

This is not concerning to L/C. But I need yours favourable help.

Recently, we have a customer from Pakistan suggested to us to sell goods to them on the basis of registration of contracts.

If anybody know about it? Can please explain to me and how does it work.

Thanks & regards,
leechian

shahriar
First Name: Shahriar
Last Name: Masum
Organization: Mutual Trust Bank
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Re: Selling Goods To Pakistan On The Basis Of Registration Of Co

Post by shahriar » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:38 pm

dear leechiankoh

to the best of my knowledge, registration of contract means any contract or class of contracts' is to be registered with a concerned organization.

The procedure in Pakistan is used for making imports of goods not subject to authorization of EBP. There is no requirement to open letter of credit.

i dont think that as an exporter you have any duty in this process. The importer will submit a copy of the contract to the bank for registration. the bank will issue a registration certificate then in favor of the importer. when you submit the documents to the bank complying the terms and condition of the contract, the bank will remit the payment.

so registration of contract is basically a exchange control procedure of the central bank and is no different from a URC collection document.

regd

shahriar