Bill of Lading 2 Carrier ?

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
jay desai
First Name: Jay
Last Name: Desai
Organization: Deutsche Bank
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Bill of Lading 2 Carrier ?

Post by jay desai » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:28 am

Hie All,

Is it Accpetable if the Bill of Lading is Showing Two Different Carrier Name ?

Ie The BL is issued by On Time express Ltd ( showing on the face as Carrier ) and Below on the signning part says as As Agents for the Carrier Name One Time Worldwide Logistics Ltd

Am confused for the same

Rgrds

Negotiator
First Name: Ivan
Last Name: Lee
Organization: N Bank

B/L showing 2 carriers

Post by Negotiator » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:17 am

Dear Jay,

I would personally say that the B/L is discrepant in the context you queried. It seems that carrier's name is appeared as "On Time express Ltd" somewhere on the B/L, whereas signature part shows carrier's name as "One Time Worldwide Logistics Ltd". So this B/L would be regarded to make conflict data in itself, unless some clarification or similar appears on the same B/L.

More comments welcome. Regards.
Lee

jmitra
First Name: jasmit
Last Name: mitra
Organization: bank

two carrier

Post by jmitra » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:13 pm

to answer the other part of the question;

its possible to have two carrier in a transport document. such type of transport document is called through bill of lading. such bill of lading is acceptable provided that the each carrier is identified against there very specific responsibility.

could you all confirm me one thing? is it correct to say that signature by one carrier only would be suffice.

Mehdi

BL 2 Carrier

Post by Mehdi » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:20 pm

It appears to me that One Time Express is the agent of One Time Worldwide Logistics Ltd. The relation between them is agent and principal. However, the One Time Worldwide Logistics Ltd appears to be a freight forwarder. The BL issued by forwarder/MTO is acceptable provided such condition is stipulated in LC.

Regards.........Mehdi

picant

bill of lading 2 carrier

Post by picant » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:44 pm

Hi Pals,

let me know if the bill of lading is signed:

as agent for the carrier

signed:One Time Worldwied Logistiv ltd

or
as agent for the carrier One Time Worldwide Logistic ltd

signed: One Time Express

Thanks and ciao