Is it mandatory for a shipping mark to appear on a transport

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
Trang
First Name: Tracy
Last Name: Tracy
Organization: MB
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Is it mandatory for a shipping mark to appear on a transport

Post by Trang » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:42 pm

Shipping mark is not mandatory to appear on any document. Where credit stipulates shipping mark in field 45A - description of goods, only invoice must show shipping mark to correspond to L/C. In all other cases, if it appears, it must be the same as L/C stipulated. Additional information shall be accepted as per ISBP 681 Para 35
Trang.

cristiand969
First Name: Cristian
Last Name: D.
Organization: Bank

One comment

Post by cristiand969 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:06 pm

I differ in opinion on this issue
Article 34 of ISBP says that if the credit specifies details of shipping marks , the documents mentioning the marks must shows these details. A B/L usually shows by a preprinted wording: ' marks' or 'shipping marks'.
Regards
C

LCstudent
First Name: Kurt
Last Name: Kehrer
Organization: Bank

Shipping Marks on a transport doc.

Post by LCstudent » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:02 pm

Dear experts !
I agree with Cristiand969, as a Bill of Lading shows such a column/wording to be filled - and should be filled due to the fact of import formalities in different countries, especially when goods are shipped on LCL basis, where many packages are stowed together in a consolidation container. Without a shipping mark I think the single packages can not be found at the CFS unpacking the coli. I have heard from some carrier in FCL shipments that they do not indicate the shipping marks as they receive a complete container having no chance to verify the shipping marks on the packages as the container is closed and sealed. So here a renouncement of marks seems to be acceptable. other views appreciated. Rgds LC Student.