destination change after transport began

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
edilee
First Name: edilee
Last Name: cdcs
Organization: cdcs
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Post by edilee » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:19 pm

Hi everybady I have a question
is there any possibility/opportinity for the shipper to change destination during the voyage
and if there is in what kind of transport and how
thanks

nixons
First Name: Deepak
Last Name: S
Organization: ANZ

Reply to destination Change after transport began

Post by nixons » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:57 pm

Hi Folk:

There is no Possiblity for the Shipper to Change the destination after transport began .So in this Case if there is possiblity for the shipper to change the destination before shipment begans he has to decide and arrange transport accordingly.

cristiand969
First Name: Cristian
Last Name: D.
Organization: Bank

My point

Post by cristiand969 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:52 pm

As long as the shipper has full set of B/L in his hand, yes it could be possibly to change not only the destination but the consignee as well. However, the way in which the movement of goods take place can be various. They could reach at the original destination then forwarded (transhipped for) to the new destination.
Dear Nixon, do you have any relevant document or opinion which your statement could be based on?
As the property of goods is still in shipper hands it could be perceived as a violation of shipper rights from the carrier side over his property .

Trang
First Name: Tracy
Last Name: Tracy
Organization: MB

Post by Trang » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:50 am

I agree that the shipper can request the carrier to change destination after transport began. That is why UCP 600 article 23 require a presentation including an original air transport document appearing to be the one for the consignor or shipper.
Trang

hassan

changeing destination

Post by hassan » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:11 pm

in B/L or FB/L if consignee to bee written as : "to order"( without endorsement)it means that owner of goods is still the beneficiary himself. so he may even after shipment to instruct the carrier to change the destination.

nesarul
First Name: Nesarul
Last Name: Hoque
Organization: Mutual Trust Bank

destination changes

Post by nesarul » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:36 pm

Dear,
I think it depends on the type of transport documents what asked for...
this is solely my assumption, pls correct me, if i am in wrong track.....
in case of b/l,
in case of shipped bill of lading, there is no possibility to change the destination ...
in case of received for shipement b/l, there may be a possibility to change the destination until it turns to shipped bill of lading.
in case of air way bill:
Destination might be changed before issuing 3rd original. that is original for shipper or consignor..
waiting for other comments.
regards
nesar