insurance certificate i/o insurance policy

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
edilee
First Name: edilee
Last Name: cdcs
Organization: cdcs
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Post by edilee » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:45 am

Hi
when a insurance policy required a insurance certificate is acceptable as per ucp art.28

picant

Insurance Policy or certificate

Post by picant » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:32 am

Hi Pal,

Insurance policy will be accepted under UCP 600, in lieu of Insurance certificate, but not viceversa. In the ICC UCP World Insurance policy is better than an insurance certificate, but, in insurance world, in some countries, they have the same effect.
Insurance policy represent the mother insurance contract, in different ways as per insurance industry, certificate is an application to the mother contract.
Bankers or better documents checkers have a general knowledge on insurance and they have to act as per UCP.

Other comments appreciated

Ciao

Trang
First Name: Tracy
Last Name: Tracy
Organization: MB
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Post by Trang » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:10 pm

[quote="picant"]Hi Pal,

Presentation of an insurance certificate is not acceptable if the credit requires an insurance policy. It is understood that whilst an insurance certificate provides proof of insurance, in the case of a claim, if there is any discrepancy between the policy and the ceritificate, the policy will prevail. therefore, in any cases, insurance certificate presented i.o insurance policy not acceptable.
Trang