time limit for posting documents to issuing bank

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
edilee
First Name: edilee
Last Name: cdcs
Organization: cdcs
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

time limit for posting documents to issuing bank

Post by edilee » Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:02 am

hello to all
is there any rule about for nominated bank (may be a confirming bank or advising bank) for posting the credit conform documents to issuing bank after negotiated the documents.
For example confirming bank finds the documents acceptable but sends two weeks later. is there a restriction by a rule on ucp
thanks in advance

picant

time for checking.....

Post by picant » Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:17 am

Hi Pals,

UCP 600 speak of a time limit for a bank to advise discrepancies to the presentor, so nominated bank has 5 days after receipt of documents to communicate non compliance of document to the beneficiary, the issuing or confirming banks will have 5 days more after receipt to advise nominated bank or the beneficiary about discrepancies etc.
Naturally, a selected bank that causes damages in taking more time to check documents will be erased from specific list. OK
All is clear, or not.

Other comments appreciated

Ciao

edilee
First Name: edilee
Last Name: cdcs
Organization: cdcs

time limit for posting documents to issuinng bank

Post by edilee » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:33 am

Hi Ciao/Picant
thank you for your reply but my imply a bit different there is no any hesistance on checking time it is 5 working days for every part (but what about advising bank it is also have a obligation for 5 working days if no need checking for them)
I want to learn is there any the implication rule about sendindg documents to applicants bank by confirming bank after checking and informing applicants bank that presentation is in order accordingly.

nesarul
First Name: Nesarul
Last Name: Hoque
Organization: Mutual Trust Bank

posting document

Post by nesarul » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:28 pm

Dear,
Can we refer sub article 15(b) of UCP 600 to the confirming bank... I want to emphasis on the starting word "WHEN..... AND FORWARD THE DOCUMENT TO THE ISSUING BANK"
REGARDS
NESAR

Hussam
First Name: Hussam
Last Name: Hammoudeh
Organization: SGB

time limit

Post by Hussam » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:47 pm

Dear All
there is no time limit after negotiating complying presentation for the negotiating bank to send doc to issuing bank. documents must be send without delay after negotiation but mistakes happen

Regards

21vita
First Name: hui
Last Name: Fang
Organization: bank

time limit

Post by 21vita » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:57 am

Dear metin,
i see no such time limit in UCP or ISBP

600 A15" When a confirming bank....MUST ..forward the docs to the issuing bank.

Actually there are many "MUST" in ucp600 to identify the responsbilites of parties, without mentioning penalty or the like if the rules are not being followed. Related bank shall make compensation for the loss,if any,or take the risk of ruin its reputation.
But all these are not compulsive,anyway UCP ISBP are only customs and practice and are not law .

iLC

no limit but

Post by iLC » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:30 pm

i agree that there is no limit when the document is to be forwarded to the issuing bank or confirming bank but once the compliance is determined, i see no reason to hold the document. if the nominated bank has hold the document after honoring without any reason, i think the bank is liable to issuing bank / bonafide holder for any damage.

ORUNMILA
First Name: HEDGAR
Last Name: AJAKAIYE
Organization: ZENITHBANK PLC

the need for reimbursement

Post by ORUNMILA » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:48 am

Hi

although there may be no specific time stated categorically within which confirming/ negotiating bank should forward compliant doc to issuing bank. but i want to believe that the need to be reimburse or opportunity to get payment as soon as possible, naturally drives the confirming bank/ negotiating to forward docs to issuing bank. also for document that required to be presented before carier can release goods, good relationship would demand that docs should be forwarded soonest to avoid applcant incuring dumurage!
other comments welcome
Orunmila