presentation period

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
cristiand969
First Name: Cristian
Last Name: D.
Organization: Bank
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

presentation period

Post by cristiand969 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:56 pm

Dear all,
Sorry to trouble you with a question which may have been already posted and replied but failed to find it.
can you have any documentation/publication or other in respect of period of presentation of docs as follows:
Period of presentation: 21 days after shipment
partial shipment allowed
4 CMR on diff trucks presented under one invoice
The first shipment (CMR) is 10.11.2009 and the last CMR is 05.12.2009.
Invoice for total goods is dated 05.12.2009.
Now pls advise me whether today it is considered last presentation as 21 days passed from first CMR.
Is the presentation correct to be calculated in the same way as maturity (i.e the maturity is calculated form last CMR)
Thanks for your urgent advice.
Cristian

Navi
First Name: Olcay
Last Name: Özcan
Organization: Bank

presentation period for each shipment

Post by Navi » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:08 am

Dear friend,
For Multimodal B/L ISBP 80
Bill of Lading ISBP 105,
Charter Party B/L ISBP 125
Air Transport Document ISBP 146

states that in case of presentation of more than one transport document with different dates of shipment, the latest of these dates of shipment will be taken for calculation of presentation period. However, no similar article for road transport document in ISBP. The major point conflicting me is that all these articles start with "if a credit prohibits partial shipment...". These articles explain the circumstances with more than one transport document and shipment dates but no partial shipments... Here in your situation partial shipment occurs although one invoice presented covering total of shipments. Therefore, In my opinion, presentation period should be calculated from shipment dates of each CMR.

Other comments appreciated

Regards

iLC

dear cristian

Post by iLC » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:30 pm

dear cristian,

in my opinion, each cmr has to be presented within 21 days from their respective date of shipment. the fact that all of them are presented under one invoice or draft does not change that fact that some of the CMR are late presented. in ideal situation, all the CMR should have individual invoice and therefore different maturity date. in this case i believe we would take the lasted date as per ISBP 43F.

overall, agree with navi :)

sagar1984
First Name: SAGAR
Last Name: LOTANKAR
Organization: SPARSH BPO SERVICES

presentaiton period

Post by sagar1984 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:18 pm

In my opinon, in case of partial shipment seprate invoices should be prepared for enabling period of presenertation to be calculated from respectivce date of shipment.

edilee
First Name: edilee
Last Name: cdcs
Organization: cdcs

presentation period

Post by edilee » Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:40 pm

Dear friends I agree with all of your goods comments
it is late presentation because of partial shipment allowed that's right
But if partial shipment were not allowed would it not be a late presentation
ISBP 43 says is about calculation maturity date not for presentation period
presentation date is different and all the shipment dates must be in the period