consignee show in any docs.

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
narisa

consignee show in any docs.

Post by narisa » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:03 pm

Dear all
Can ISBP para 184 apply for documents other than c/o such as health cert,cert of fruit ...
thanks.

picant

faq volume v

Post by picant » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:23 pm

Hi Pal,

I agree with suggested answer ISBP43 in G. Collyer FAQ volume V:

-Althoug the paragraph refers to Certificate of Origin, the principle would apply to other stipulated documents.-

Other comments appreciated

Ciao

LCstudent
First Name: Kurt
Last Name: Kehrer
Organization: Bank
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

consignee shown in any docs.

Post by LCstudent » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:36 pm

Dear Narisa ! I think we should take ISBP para 184 only in connection with Cert/Origin, but the word consignee in this document and in the transportdocument has among the L/C community a very different point of view/interpretation. I have seen Cert/Origins showing applicant in the respective field "Consignee", although transport doc.was issued in the consignee space: "to (the order of) Bank X (as opening bank)" - no rejection occured, less such one as per para 184, where consignee´s are to be identical.
Now the problem could be solved - unless L/C shows no contrary conditions -, if the named docs are issued/addressed "To whom it may concern". So You should avoid any discussions with banks. Other comments appreciated. Have a nice day. Rgds LCStudent.

21vita
First Name: hui
Last Name: Fang
Organization: bank
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

consignee show in any docs

Post by 21vita » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:05 pm

picant wrote: I agree with suggested answer ISBP43 in G. Collyer FAQ volume V:

-Althoug the paragraph refers to Certificate of Origin, the principle would apply to other stipulated documents.-

Ciao
Thanks , learning.
but Collyer's answer could have an effect as formal opinion?