INCOTERMS

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
hassan

INCOTERMS

Post by hassan » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:50 am

Dear all,
could any one tell me the meaning of "c.p." in following text which speak about incoterms?
"Documents that are required to enable the seller to place the goods at the buyer,s disposal at the "C.P." are arranged and payed by the seller"

Masoom Hasan
First Name: Masoom
Last Name: Hasan
Organization: .
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

INCOTERMS

Post by Masoom Hasan » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:57 pm

Dear hasan,

We know there are 13 Incoterms as described in the ICC publication No 560, namely, "Incoterms 2000". These incoterms make clear that at what point buyer's and seller's individual responsibilities under commercial cnontracts begin and end.

Among these 13 incoterms there is no incoterm as mentioned by you, ie, C.P. I think it may be C.P.T. which stands for 'carriage paif to'. CPT is almost silmilar to the incoterms 'CFR' where seller / exporter arrange and pay for transport of goods from 'port of loading' to 'port of discharge', including arrangement for any export customs requirement (like, export licence, duties and tax and pay any other cost). In addtition to CFR in case of CPT seller have to arrange and pay for transportation 'to the named place of destination', such as transportation cost up to a inland container depot in the buyer's /importers country. In contrary, in case of CPT buyer should have to arrange any cost involved for import licence and for customs requirements (including duties and taxes) in the buyers/ importer's country or territory. Buyers aslo have to bear the cost for transportation of goods form named palace of destination to it's own premise. In can be noted that both for CFR and CPT 'insurance for the carraige' is to be arranged and paid by the buyer.

Thanks.

shahriar
First Name: Shahriar
Last Name: Masum
Organization: Mutual Trust Bank
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Critical point

Post by shahriar » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:12 pm

Its difficult to answer unless read in the full context. But it appears that cp means critical point here. I have seen references of critical point defined as the point where the responsibility is transferred from the seller to the buyer

hassan

Incoterms

Post by hassan » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:10 pm

Thank both you Masoom Hasan and shahriar for giving answer. yes Mr. shahriar your answer can be just the meaning i was looking. for.

Rejaul17

C.P.

Post by Rejaul17 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:29 am

C.P. means critical point. It is a point in transit when the sellers responsibility ends and buyers responsibility begins.