l/c very basic question

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
fionawang

l/c very basic question

Post by fionawang » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:28 am

lc is the undertaking of the issuing bank to honour. I would like to ask a very basic question about lc. Is lc just the tool to protect exporter?
in my opinion is not, it also protect importer,what's your opinion then? :ymapplause:

narisa

basic question

Post by narisa » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:01 am

dear fionawang
I think lc is protect both of exporter and importer if it issued in base of payment ( not base for non -payment )
rgds

fionawang

Thanks  very  much

Post by fionawang » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:14 pm

narisa wrote:dear fionawang
I think lc is protect both of exporter and importer if it issued in base of payment ( not base for non -payment )
rgds
Thanks Narisa very much!
I agree with you. This question is because that  I  had  an  argue  with  my  boss, he  always  too  confident and  doubting  my  CDCS,  which  make  me  too  depressed...

berry

protect

Post by berry » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:04 pm

LC protect both exporter and importer given the exporter knows what to present for a complying presentation and importer knows what documents to ask for to protect his interest. don't be so depressed over the comment of your boss. it happens. besides ''boss is always right!" :))