Acceptance credit and deferred payment

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
nesarul
First Name: Nesarul
Last Name: Hoque
Organization: Mutual Trust Bank
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Acceptance credit and deferred payment

Post by nesarul » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:39 pm

Dear all,
I furnish below one of my confusion for your valuable suggestion.
Issuing Bank Bank A
Confirming Bank Bank B
Credit available at Bank B By acceptance
Draft drawn on Bank B.
Beneficiary presented document at Bank B within stipulated timeframe.
Bank B examine document & found compliant. duly accepted the draft followed advance fund through purchase it subsequently,
forward the document to the Bank A except Draft [emphasis added]
Bank A examine the same and found compliant except draft not presented. Bank A raised discrepancy according to sub article 16(c) of UCP 600.
Query:
Can Bank A raised discrepancy regarding above or else Bank A obligated to honour the presentation according to 7(c) of UCP 600.
regards
nesar.

picant

draft

Post by picant » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:12 pm

Hi pals

first of all, IMHO, being draft not listed in field 46 is not a document, but only the way to obtain payment . If accepted by the confirming bank/drawee as per credit terms, will be paid by the drawee at maturity, in this case granting credit facility to issuing bank.(extended confirmation). I dare say that, duly accepted, it must be returned to the presenter, that could discount it on the market, and not only as per art 12b UCP with confirming bank. For me discrepancy pretestous, draft will be sent to issuing bank, only after payment, as proof of debit entry.

Other comments appreciated

Ciao

Navi
First Name: Olcay
Last Name: Özcan
Organization: Bank
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Accepted draft need not be sent to issuing bank.

Post by Navi » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:48 am

Hi friends,

In my opinion, draft drawn on and accepted by confirming bank is returned to beneficiary, not sent to the issuing bank. Draft represents undertaking of confirming bank to beneficiary. Beneficiary may use this draft for financing before maturity. İssuing bank cannot raise discrepancy for nor receiving draft with documents. That's what I think.
regards