AWB

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
hanifmb
First Name: hanif
Last Name: mb
Organization: commerce
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

AWB

Post by hanifmb » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:49 pm

A credit calls for AWB evidencing shipment from a UK airport to New York airport. The AWB shows goods on a flight from Paris to London then transhipped by another flight from London to New York as specified in the credit. Is this acceptable ?

Appreciate your comments. TQ

berry

received

Post by berry » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:51 pm

in that case the air waybill must have to show that "goods have been accepted for carriage at London". other comment appreciated.

Negotiator
First Name: Ivan
Last Name: Lee
Organization: N Bank

Airport of departure

Post by Negotiator » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:51 pm

Hi, all

I find this question very interesting. I quote some UCP 600 sub-articles about T/Ds for your reference :

Sub-Article 19.a.ii
indicate that the goods have been dispatched, taken in charge or shipped on board at the place stated in the credit, by: ...

Sub-Article 20~22.a.ii
indicate that the goods have been shipped on board a named vessel at the port of loading stated in the credit by: ...

Sub-Article 23.a.ii
indicate that the goods have been accepted for carriage.

Compared to the other correspondent sub-articles, Sub-Article 23.a.ii does not require an AWB to indicate that the goods have been accepted for carriage at the airport of departure stated in the credit.

Nevertheless, I do not think that UCP permits an AWB indicating acceptance of goods at the airport of departure other than that stated in the credit. A transport document may be issued for specific goods. Assuming that the AWB represents the goods as required in the credit, I cannot imagine a situation that they are loaded on an aircraft at the airport other than that of departure stated in the credit. I personally think that UCP 500 and 600 failed to notice such a requirement as stated in sub-articles 19 through 22.

I eager to hear much more comments about this question.
Thanks and Regards.
Lee

danohng
First Name: Daniel
Last Name: Ng
Organization: Citigroup

AWB

Post by danohng » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:54 pm

UCP 23 (a) iv. indicate that the Air transport document must state the airport of departure and the airport of destination stated in the credit. A notation with actual date of shipment, airport of departure as London will deemed to be acceptable, otherwise, the AWB will consider as discrepant. any comment is welcome..