Copies of B/L

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
malla
First Name: malla
Last Name: reddy
Organization: IFTS
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Copies of B/L

Post by malla » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:26 am

Hi
L/C requires to present full set of copies of B/L(there is no prohibition on originals).
period for presentation is not given.

beneficiary presented full set of originals insted of copies.

in this case,
if beneficiary faild to present full set of oiginals within 21calender days after shipment but within expiry of credit, is it discrepancy?

looking forward for your valuble assistance

regards
malla

narisa

copies b/l

Post by narisa » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:50 pm

Dear Malla.
pls refer to isbp para 31 which states that "where credit calls for a copy of transp dox and indicates
the disposal instrucitons for the original of that transp dox,an original transport doc will not be acceptable" so first thing you should be checked the lc conditions for this matter,if yes the original would not be acceptable and the doc must be presented not later than the expiry date for the presentation as stated in the credit.

if I have wrong way,other comments appreciated.

malla
First Name: malla
Last Name: reddy
Organization: IFTS
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

COPIES OF B/L

Post by malla » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:11 pm

narisa wrote:Dear Malla.
pls refer to isbp para 31 which states that "where credit calls for a copy of transp dox and indicates
the disposal instrucitons for the original of that transp dox,an original transport doc will not be acceptable" so first thing you should be checked the lc conditions for this matter,if yes the original would not be acceptable and the doc must be presented not later than the expiry date for the presentation as stated in the credit.

if I have wrong way,other comments appreciated.
hi narisa,
i appreciate your answer.

UCP600,17(d) says "If credit requires presentation of copies of documents,presentation of either originals or copies is permitted."

if beneficiary presents the documents as per UCP600,17(d) would the UCP600 14(C) apply for this presentation.(say there is no disposal instructions for the originals).

malla

narisa

copies b/l

Post by narisa » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:13 pm

Dear Malla
If in this case , ucp 600 art 14 (c) applied and it is valid discrepancy for late presentation.
narisa

berry

discrepant

Post by berry » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:06 pm

i agree with narisa. when original transport document is presented, article 14c applies. though the LC required copies, i believe such discrepancies are justified. when issuing such LC, the issuing bank must have a motive; alternate use of original bill of lading. but the applicant has not acted so. this is of course my logic