All Shipping Documents Should Be Issued In the Name of...

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
ramisy2k

All Shipping Documents Should Be Issued In the Name of...

Post by ramisy2k » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:11 am

The LC calls for following docs:

1. Invoice - by beneficiary

2. Packing List - by beneficiary

3. Certificate of origin – by chamber .
4. Inspection certificate - by inspection company
5. Insurance certificate - by insurance company

6. BL - by shipping line.

7. Manufactuers Certificate to be addressed, "To Whom It May Concern".

The LC also States: "Shipping documents Should Be Prepared In the Name of: ABC Company..."

Note: ABC company... is the applicant and also the notify party on BL as per LC. BL will be consignned to applicants bank...

My question is:

1. What does it mean by "..shipping documents to be prepared in the name of company ABC"..??? Does it mean that on COO, inspection cetificate and insurance certificate except manufacturer's certificate , applicant's name to be metioned ? if not mentioned then what?

1. can applicant's name be mentioned as consignee on COO, inspection cetificate and insurance certificate ???

regards

Asim

shahriar
First Name: Shahriar
Last Name: Masum
Organization: Mutual Trust Bank
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

making life complex

Post by shahriar » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:01 am

this is perhaps the simplest way to make life complex :)

as we all no shipping document has no standard meaning in UCP unless referred to ISBP which reads
a. "shipping documents" - all documents (not only transport documents), except drafts, required by the credit.
so the lc requires that all document is to be in the name of ABC company (which i believe to some extent ambiguous). what you need to do is to address applicant in each document unless there is specific instructions in the LC.

nevertheless, i consider it wise to call for an amendment.