"Manufacturer's Certificate Is Required"....????

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
ramisy2k

"Manufacturer's Certificate Is Required"....????

Post by ramisy2k » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:14 am

Dear All

An LC draft calls for a documents stated as

"Manufacturer's Certificate Is Required"

My questions is:

Can we (beneficiary) also issue such certificate on our letter-head with the heading as “Manufacturers Certificate”.....?? Or should it must be issued by the manufacturer on his lettehead??? in this case, suppose it is NOT mentioned in the LC that "third party documents are allowed" then if we present the manufacturer's certificate issued by him in the lc, would this be ok or a discrepancy?

AWAITING YOUR REPLIES...THANKS..

regards

Asim

ORUNMILA
First Name: HEDGAR
Last Name: AJAKAIYE
Organization: ZENITHBANK PLC
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

manufacturer's/ suppliers cert

Post by ORUNMILA » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:50 am

hi all

since the credit specifically call for Manufacturer's certificate and not and/or suupliers cert it would be dicrepant if made up by beneficiary who in this case is not the manufacturer but supplier

other comment welcome

ramisy2k

does this doc require consignee name to be mentioned?

Post by ramisy2k » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:18 am

Dear Sir

Thanks for you reply.

I understand you point that only manufacturer can issue such document. Actually this document the applicant is asking to maker sure if the goods are produced by certain process and thats all. But I do not want the manufacturer to know my buyer/applicant name? for this reason my questions are:

1. Can this document be issued with the title "To Whom It May Concern"?
2. if applicant/consignee name is not mentioned in this document would that be ok?
3. since this documents will be issued by the manufacturer and he doesn't know the lc so what other details of the credit should be mentioned on this document to make sure this doc is not discrepant?
4. seller/beneficiary name should be mentioned on it??

awaiting you reply

regards
Asim

shahriar
First Name: Shahriar
Last Name: Masum
Organization: Mutual Trust Bank
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

possible but

Post by shahriar » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:03 am

unless the issuer of a document is mentioned in the credit, anybody may issue a document. in this case the issuer is mentioned; the manufacturer. but the name of the manufacturer is missing. so it is possible that anyone may issue a certificate in the capacity of the manufacturer given there is no other name of manufacturer in any other document or in the credit.

i would not concentrate on the name as a document may be however named.

to answer your questions

1. Can this document be issued with the title "To Whom It May Concern"?
it appears that the content of the document is not given in the LC. so yes, it can be so.

2. if applicant/consignee name is not mentioned in this document would that be ok?
for the same reason given in 1, yes

3. since this documents will be issued by the manufacturer and he doesn't know the lc so what other details of the credit should be mentioned on this document to make sure this doc is not discrepant?
i would suggest on the quantity and description of the goods

4. seller/beneficiary name should be mentioned on it??
same as 1.it all depends on the requirement of the LC