whats the status of advice through bank

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
shahriar
First Name: Shahriar
Last Name: Masum
Organization: Mutual Trust Bank
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Post by shahriar » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:13 pm

in the light of SWIFT hand book which defines advice through bank as -
This field identifies the bank, if different from the Receiver, through which the documentary credit is to be
advised/confirmed to the beneficiary
whats your opinion on the status of advice through bank. is it the advising bank or the second advising bank?

Jackie

Post by Jackie » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:44 pm

Dear

It would appear from your posting that there is something missing. Please indicate field number in order that question may be answered.

Thanks

malla
First Name: malla
Last Name: reddy
Organization: IFTS

second advising bank

Post by malla » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:05 pm

shahriar wrote:in the light of SWIFT hand book which defines advice through bank as -
This field identifies the bank, if different from the Receiver, through which the documentary credit is to be
whats your opinion on the status of advice through bank. is it the advising bank or the second advising bank?
hi

if it is the information related to field 57D,In my opinion it would be related to second advising bank.

malla

shahriar
First Name: Shahriar
Last Name: Masum
Organization: Mutual Trust Bank

yes

Post by shahriar » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:18 pm

thanks for all the reply.

the field i referred is 57a. what bothers me is "if different" and "confirmed". what i used to know that if SWIFT field 49 says "ADD", then its the receiver of 700 who is authorized to confirm the LC. but now from this definition it seems that second advising bank is also authorized to confirm.

nayanrshah
First Name: Nayan
Last Name: Shah CDCS
Organization: YES BANK

whats the status of advice through seconf advising bank

Post by nayanrshah » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:40 pm

In my view only only first advising bank is authorized to confirm.

Jackie

Advice through bank

Post by Jackie » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:47 pm

Hello

In respect to the confirmation on 2nd advising bank. This may be shown on the l/c by filling in the field 49 as "without" as this field is for the recipient of the l/c ie first advising bank.

You may then type your confirmation clause in field 47a along the lines "At the request and expense of the beneficiary, this l/c may be confirmed by xxxx bank". in consideration of xxxx bank so doing, drafts may be drawn on themselves and they may claim reimbursement from xxxxx bank at (sight or term)". Alternatively if there is enough room, type in field 78 bank to bank instructions.