manufacturer's certificate

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
edilee
First Name: edilee
Last Name: cdcs
Organization: cdcs
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Post by edilee » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:52 pm

who or which parts has the right to issue and sign a manufacturer's certificate if there is no any indication on the l/c

TLO
First Name: TONY
Last Name: LO
Organization: Societe Generale

Post by TLO » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:41 pm

Hi Edilee,

If the L/C does not specified the name of the manufacturer. I will accept any document titled 'Manufacturer Certificate' with
content related to the manufacturer to fulfil the function of the document.

Hope the foregoing will satisfy you.

Cheers

LCstudent
First Name: Kurt
Last Name: Kehrer
Organization: Bank

manufacturer´s certificate

Post by LCstudent » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:44 pm

Dear Edilee ! For my personal opinion we should consider the following scenarios:
1.) banking view: as no indication is given under L/C a document issued and signed by the beneficiary showing the phrase: "the manufacturer" or "as manufacturer" with company stamp should be acceptable (ref. UCP 600 Art. 14f and 34)
2.) if Your beneficiary IS the actual manufacturer a document as shown under Pos. 1) should be possible for this party to be issued.
3.) if Your beneficiary is NOT the actual manufacturer (for example only a trading company) and is NOT in the capacity to issue such a doc, he should contact the applicant AT THE TIME OF L/C-ADVICE to cancel this stipulation/condition for replacement through a document, in which for example the manufacturing standards (such as DIN or ISO) are shown/stated, if this fulfills the contractual agreements. Otherwise You open the applicant the door to Your sub-supplier producing the goods..and Your bene is out of business. This is my view, others are highly appreciated. have a good day. Rgds LC Student.