Multimodal transport document and on-board notation again

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
Gart
First Name: Gart
Last Name: Gart
Organization: Finance
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Post by Gart » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:45 pm

Dear colleagues, I'd appreciate your comments on the following matter which looks to be confusing for me:
L/C states:
Pl of Tking in Chrg / of Rceipt as
Frankfurt am Main, Germany (inland point)
44E: Port of Loading/Airport of Dep.
Bremerhaven, Germany (port)
44F: Port of Dischrge/Airport of Dest
Kaohsiung, Taiwan (port)
and also there's a requirement for:
Full set originals of clean on board ocean bill of lading ...

What kind of notation should appear on the document: received for shipment at the place of taking in charge or still on-board at the port of loading (art. 19 or 20?)?

iLC

article 19

Post by iLC » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:16 pm

form the requirement of the LC, it appears to be a multimodal transport and therefore article 19 will be the governing one. there is no requirement of an on board notation here as the first leg of the journey is an inland port or place

Trang
First Name: Tracy
Last Name: Tracy
Organization: MB

Post by Trang » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:04 pm

Dear iLC,
I disagree with you at this point. L/C stipulated clearly a full set of ocean B/L, therefore, article 20 UCP600 will apply to check the compliance of this document. Therefore, vven if L/C required place of receipt, the B/L presented must show on board notation.

malla
First Name: malla
Last Name: reddy
Organization: IFTS

UNDER ARTICLE 20

Post by malla » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:54 pm

hi
i do agree with tang.
if the place of receipt is different from port of loading,an on board notation which indicates actual port of loading,shipped on board date and the vessel name.since L/C calls for Full set originals of clean on board ocean bill of lading,article 20 is applicable.

malla