Descr. of goods-sales terms to be mentioned on all docs?

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
Ella
First Name: Mihaela
Last Name: N
Organization: Wood Planet
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Descr. of goods-sales terms to be mentioned on all docs?

Post by Ella » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:39 pm

Hi,everybody,

Could you tell me please, if at the "description of goods" were mentioned also the sales terms besides the type of the merchandise, and I put all the details on the invoice( "mention to be indicated on definitive commercial invoice"), but "sales terms" not mentioned also on the certificate of origin, BL and other documents( I put only the merchandise type on these ones, as per proforma...), would this be considered discrepancy?
In my opinion the sales terms are important only on the invoice, but I don't know what would be the bank point of view...

Thanks a lot for any piece of advice or comment.

Best regards,
Ella

berry

ISBP paragraph 61

Post by berry » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:42 am

please refer to ISBP

61. If a trade term is part of the goods description in the credit, or stated in connection with the amount, the invoice must state the trade term specified, and if the description provides the source of the trade term, the same source must be identified (e.g., a credit term "CIF Singapore Incoterms 2000" would not be satisfied by "CIF Singapore Incoterms"). Charges and costs must be included within the value shown against the stated trade term in the credit and invoice. Any charges and costs shown beyond this value are not allowed.

thus your sales term must be mentioned in invoice. since no other documents required to show the description of goods, there is no need to show the incoterm on other documents