Annexure to Cert of Origin

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
tagarai
First Name: Raghuraman
Last Name: Badrinarayanan
Organization: shshf
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Annexure to Cert of Origin

Post by tagarai » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:32 pm

Hello Pals,

I have a question for u all?

LC clause 46A states - C/O in 1 original evidencing name and address of the manufacturer.

Docs presented as follows:
C/O issued and certified by chamber of commerce.It did not evidence the name and address of the manufacturer.But a certificate
issued/signed by beneficiary evidencing the name and address of the manufacturer, legalised by the chamber of commerce is presented.That doc also make reference to the C/O number.

Is this a discrepancy?

Thanks for your valuable inputs....... :)

danohng
First Name: Daniel
Last Name: Ng
Organization: Citigroup
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Cert of Origin

Post by danohng » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:13 pm

I'll accept the document as it's fulfilled para 182 that the manufacturer can be identified from the document presented.

Other comment is welcome

iLC

disagree

Post by iLC » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:05 pm

i disagree. the credit calls for Certificate of origin evidencing (and not issued) manufacturer. with this the credit has a successfully defined the content of the certificate. the C/O must show the manufacturer. any additional certificate would not be acceptable.