Freight Forwarder B/L Not Acceptable Even Signed By Carrier

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
nura

Freight Forwarder B/L Not Acceptable Even Signed By Carrier

Post by nura » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:05 pm

dear experts

we have received a LC with the following condition

" freight forwarder bill of lading is not acceptable even when the freight forwarder signs as the carrier"

my question how the issuing bank would know that its a freight forwarder bill of lading if its sign by the carrier?

mia vervacke
First Name: Mia
Last Name: Vervacke
Organization: x
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

FIATA BILL OF LADING

Post by mia vervacke » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:12 pm

A FIATA bill of lading is a bill of lading issued by a forwarder. FIATA has created several documents and forms to establish a uniform standard for use by freight forwarders worldwide. The documents are easily distinguishable as each has a distinctive colour and carries the FIATA logo which can be seen at the head of this page.

jmitra
First Name: jasmit
Last Name: mitra
Organization: bank

standard

Post by jmitra » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:14 pm

i dont know any standard examination method to distinguish freight forwarder with the main line carrier. in my opinion, the issuing bank has to accept the bill of lading if it is signed by the carrier unless the BL itself declare that its a freight forwarder bill of lading.

danohng
First Name: Daniel
Last Name: Ng
Organization: Citigroup

Signing condition as per UCP

Post by danohng » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:30 am

Agreed with jmitra, as long as the BL is sign accordance with UCP and there is no indication of freight forwarder on the face, the bank has no reason to reject the BL.