Vegetables vs carrot/Radish

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
dulari
First Name: golam
Last Name: mostafa
Organization: bank
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Vegetables vs carrot/Radish

Post by dulari » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:12 am

dear cdcs

Lc states that 10 MT vegetables as the describtion of goods
Beneficiary sent 6 MT Carrot and 4 MT Radish or 10 MT carrots

is it discrepancies ?

Pls add your valuable clarification

Dulari

Negotiator
First Name: Ivan
Last Name: Lee
Organization: N Bank
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

I think it doesn't matter

Post by Negotiator » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:16 pm

Dear Dulari,

First, I'll assume that the beneficiary stated 6 MT Carrot and 4 MT Radish (or 10 MT carrots) as goods description in its invoice. (Whether the beneficiary actually sent 6 MT Carrot and 4 MT Radish or 10 MT carrots will be of no concern in a L/C transaction, indeed.)

Then the goods description on invoice corresponds with that of L/C, because both carrot and radish are all vegetables and represent shipment of 10MTs as L/C required.
Therefore there is no discrepancy in my opinion.

However, the vice versa will not be regarded complying, because the word "vegetables" does not necessarily represents "Carrot and Radish" or "Carrot". So such a goods description ("vegetables") does not correspond with that of L/C ("Carrot and Radish" or "Carrot"), as a result, will lead to a discrepancy.

More comments welcome :)

Regards.
Lee

akomolpa

Vegetable vs carrot/radish

Post by akomolpa » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:41 pm

In my opinion the goods description on invoice corresponds with that of L/C, therefore there is no discrepancy.

Rgds,
akomolpa

Jackie

vegetable

Post by Jackie » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:00 pm

hi
In my opinion as the l/c only stated vegetables, the beneficiary may ship whatever vegetables he likes.
Thanks Jackie