URR 725: Issuing bank in Liquidation

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
nayanrshah
First Name: Nayan
Last Name: Shah CDCS
Organization: YES BANK
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

URR 725: Issuing bank in Liquidation

Post by nayanrshah » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:53 pm

If there is a Reimbursing bank in LC,Reimbusing bank would only pay if Issuing bank's Nostro has sufficient funds.

After sending of MT-752 by issuing bank,issuing bank goes for liquidation and in Nostro with reimbusing bank there is a enough funds to pay claiming banks claim,is Reimb. bank would honour the

berry

legal question

Post by berry » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:09 pm

i think its a legal question. if the issuing bank is in liquidation, then i think all the account will be automatically frozen. other comments appreciated.

nayanrshah
First Name: Nayan
Last Name: Shah CDCS
Organization: YES BANK
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Reimbusing Bank

Post by nayanrshah » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:01 pm

Is Reimb. Bank sends PDN for each transaction to Issuing bank? I wants to know practice of banks.

In my bank I have seen this practice, so when there is a holiday in my country our processing center at issuing bank instruct Reimb. bank to pay on next banking day.

Regards
Nayan

Jackie

issuing bank in liquidation

Post by Jackie » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:21 pm

Dear all

i agree that the assets of the issuing bank would have been frozen and in any event, the reimbursing bank is not obligated to reimburse unless it has issued its own IRU.

Jackie