Applicant change...

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
VASU
First Name: Sri
Last Name: vasu
Organization: Oracle
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Applicant change...

Post by VASU » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:07 pm

When Issuing bank changes the Applicant, I suppose, this need to be treated as an amendment and amendment advise need to be send to Advicing bank. Request comments on this....

akomolpa

Applicant change....

Post by akomolpa » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:25 pm

That change the terms of the LC, so it needs to have an amendment advising to the Advising Bank . But Beneficiary must agree to this amendment , otherwise LC with the old Applicant will remain. The Issuing Bank must aware to this point and be carefully to manage the Application form for LC issue and amendment to bind both old and new applicant with Issuing Bank.
For this reason, it is more safe for Issuing Bank to cancel the old LC with the Beneficiary's consent and issue a new LC.

rgds, :D
akomolpa

Jackie

Applicant change

Post by Jackie » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:41 pm

Hi
I agree totally with the last post. In my opinion it is much safer to cancel the L/C and issue a new one.
thanks