Insurance certificate Strike risks, cert. Dated

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
ucp800
First Name: LEUNG
Last Name: KING SANG
Organization: WACHOVIA BANK N.A.
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Insurance certificate Strike risks, cert. Dated

Post by ucp800 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:22 pm

Lc:46a documents required

Certificate of warranty issued by the manufacturer
In 2 originals

Insurance cert. Covering all risks including war risks
And strikes risks in 2 originals

Document presented

Warranty cert. Showing
The warranty period shall be 12 months from date of
Commissioning or maximum 18 months after date of
Shipment from the factory, or the first 2000 diesel
Engine hours of operation, which shall occur first.

Insurance cert. Marked – 03 originals
Showing covering all risks including risks of war and sr and cc.

May i have your comment :

1. Insurance cert. Issued in 2 originals are acceptable
Provided full set 3/3 originlals are presented.

2. Covering strike risks should be clearly indicated on
insurance cert. Even though “sr and cc” “sr” stand for
strike and riots

3. Warranty cert. Should be dated.

For your reference:
Isbp 681

13)drafts, transport documents and insurance documents must be dated even if a credit does not expressly so require. A requirement that a document, other than those mentioned above, be dated, may be satisfied by reference in the document to the date of another document forming part of the same presentation (e.g., where a shipping certificate is issued which states “date as per bill of lading number xxx” or similar terms). Although it is expected that a required certificate or declaration in a separate document be dated, its compliance will depend on the type of certification or declaration that has been requested, its required wording and the wording that appears within it. Whether other documents require dating will depend on the nature and content of the document in question.

Thank you for your assistance.

Regards,
Ucp800

picant

Insurance certificate etc

Post by picant » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:50 am

Hi Pal,

I think that ISBP 681 is helping you as cited point 13 for the date and point 29 for the original insurance certificate.
IMHO SRCC is internationally recognize as Strikes, Riots and Civill Comotions ICC Clause.

Other comments appreciated

Ciao

iLC

i agree

Post by iLC » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:50 am

i agree with picant. SRCC is well recognized and i see no reason to state them in full. about the warranty certificate; i found nothing in the certificate that relates to the date of the certificate. rather its indicating to some other event. in my opinion, there is no need for it to be dated.

Phani Krishna
First Name: Phani Krishna
Last Name: Pulluru
Organization: IFTS

Warranty certificate should be dated

Post by Phani Krishna » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:16 pm

First we have to check with the document and should check with the functionality of the certificate,
so a warranty certificate should be dated to calculate the period of warranty whether it is issued previously before to warranty dated. Hope the comments

ybattia
First Name: Joe
Last Name: Attia
Organization: ABCDEF

No need for a dated warranty certificate

Post by ybattia » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:25 pm

ISBP 13.
"... Although it is expected that a required certificate or declaration in a separate document be dated, its compliance will depend on the type of certification or declaration that has been requested, its required wording and the wording that appears within it. Whether other documents require dating will depend on the nature and content of the document in question."

& as long as we can determine the period of Warranty granted to the applicant.. being as; "12 months from date of Commissioning or maximum 18 months after date of Shipment from the factory, or the first 2000 diesel Engine hours of operation, which shall occur first."

Then 'in my opinion' there is no need for a dated warranty cert. and even an undated one will do,

Regards,
Joe