signed by two different entity

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
berry

signed by two different entity

Post by berry » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:42 pm

i am sort of confused with the following statement
A credit calls for signed invoice in 2 copies. The beneficiary presented 2 invoices, but the signature on the 2 invoices was different from each other.The fact that the 2 invoices are signed by different individuals does not make the document discrepant.
is it about the same invoice in 2copies or 2 separate invoice. i think its about two separate invoices.

danohng
First Name: Daniel
Last Name: Ng
Organization: Citigroup
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

diff signature appear on invoices

Post by danohng » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:41 am

Agreed with the statement, it is not the bank responsibility to verify the signature appeared on the invoices, as long as the invoices bear the signature as require by the credit, they should not be consider as discrepancy whether they were the same invoice in 2 copies or 2 separate invoice.

berry

to or not to analyze

Post by berry » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:21 pm

thanks for your answer. i agree with the logic. but i was thinking about not matching the signature but about the capacity of the signatory or who sign. for example one copy is sign by ABC as agent of the beneficiary and the other copy is signed by XYZ as agent of the beneficiary. if this is not discrepant, then technically three copies of bill of lading can be signed by three different agent of the carrier. your opinion please