How Invoice Fullfilled UCP600,A18a(i).?

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
malla
First Name: malla
Last Name: reddy
Organization: IFTS
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

How Invoice Fullfilled UCP600,A18a(i).?

Post by malla » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:00 pm

hi,
i am seeking some clarification about this case.

In lc the beneficiary adress is given as "Indian Exports Ltd,SD.Road,Banglore,India."And,in additional
conditions,lc requires all documents must be signed and dated.

now,the invoice presented contains the details under Exporter column is as "India Exports Ltd,SD.Road,Banglore,India."
And,invoice is signed by some other ABC Ltd.
but,as per UCP A18a(i) "the invoce must apper to issue by the beneficiary".
here the exporter is different from the beneficiary and again it is signed by some other
thired party.
I would rise the discrepant as "invoice is not signed by India exports Ltd."

Is it a right discrepant? and,please clarify
How this document appers to issue by the beneficiary?

Regards
malla
Last edited by malla on Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

picant

on behalf or for account

Post by picant » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:45 pm

Hi Pal,

I think you are right to indicate that invoice has not been signed by beneficiary, unless ABC Ltd has signed invoice on behalf or for account of isuer.

Other comments appreciated

Ciao

edilee
First Name: edilee
Last Name: cdcs
Organization: cdcs

can third party sign the invoice on behalf of teh beneficiar

Post by edilee » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:26 pm

Hi picant
as you mentioned ""unless ABC Ltd has signed invoice on behalf or for account of isuer.""

I think nobady can sign or issue a invoice other than the beneficiary as
UCP A18a(i) "the invoce must apper to issue by the beneficiary". Excep transfrable L/C ucp art.38
is there any other comment thanks

malla
First Name: malla
Last Name: reddy
Organization: IFTS

INVOICE NEED NOT BE SIGNED

Post by malla » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:50 pm

metin wrote:Hi picant
as you mentioned ""unless ABC Ltd has signed invoice on behalf or for account of isuer.""

I think nobady can sign or issue a invoice other than the beneficiary as
UCP A18a(i) "the invoce must apper to issue by the beneficiary". Excep transfrable L/C ucp art.38
is there any other comment thanks
hi,
UCP600,18a(i) says "invoice must apper to issued by the beneficiary".
but,it does not say 'it must be issed by the beneficiary".
in this case,the expoter is different from the beneficiay though it is acceptable
since country is same(as per UCP600 14(j)).
UCP600,18a(iv) says "invoice need not be signed".
here, lc requires "all documents must be signed".
so,the invoice must be signed by the beneficiary or exporter otherwise its a descripancy.

other comments appreciated

regards
malla

LCstudent
First Name: Kurt
Last Name: Kehrer
Organization: Bank

Invoice signature of beneficiary

Post by LCstudent » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:25 pm

Dear Malla !
I think we should not discuss to deep any possibility for signing a document, esp. the invoice here:
If You have a clear instruction that invoice needs a signature than accept a signed document with beneficiarys details - and not more - otherwise treat it as discrepant. Please use UCP 600 Art. 18a/iv only if no other stipulations are given in L/C and if NO further confirmations/certifications are required (such as: we confirm/certify that goods imported under OGL Export Import Policy 2004-2009 or the like). in Your specific case it seems that the invoice appears NOT to have been issued by the beneficiary. Please consider further that sometimes the import regulations of the countries say that invoice NEED a signature although UCP say commercial invoice needs not. In this conflict and as a usual business behaviour exporters should sign their documents as per L/C terms and conditions. Other views appreciated. rgds LC Student

shahriar
First Name: Shahriar
Last Name: Masum
Organization: Mutual Trust Bank

from FAQ

Post by shahriar » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:12 am

here is a similar case
14.61 LC requires Certificate of Quality issued by manufacturer. Certificate of Quality presented showing manufacturer as “XXX Co. General Systems Tech lab”, but signed by “XXX Al (Hong Kong) Ltd”....

Provided XXX AP (Hong Kong) Ltd sign as agents of XXX Co. General Systems Tech Lab, the document will be compliant.