expiry date on insurance doc.

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
edilee
First Name: edilee
Last Name: cdcs
Organization: cdcs
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

expiry date on insurance doc.

Post by edilee » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:28 am

could anyone who knows the subject well explain me the meaning of expiry date of an insurance document according to ucp and ısbp such as
how claim expiry date and doc. validity date should be

berry

expiry?

Post by berry » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:11 pm

i dont think there is any expiry date on any insurance document. havent seen such words so far

Jackie

Expiry date on insurance document

Post by Jackie » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:18 pm

Hi
I agree with berry. I have never seen an expiry date on insurance document.
Jackie

malla
First Name: malla
Last Name: reddy
Organization: IFTS

ISBP(175)

Post by malla » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:49 am

HI

ISBP(175) says "An insurance document that incorporates an expiry date must clearly indicate that such expiry date relates to the latest date that loading on board or dispatch or taking in charge of the goods (as applicable) is to occur, as opposed to an expiry date for the presentation of any claims thereunder".

so it clearly says there should not be an expiry date for insurance claim.

malla

cristiand969
First Name: Cristian
Last Name: D.
Organization: Bank

insurance companies policiy

Post by cristiand969 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:13 pm

There are several insurance companies worldwide which insert on their insurance document:
Insured: From xx.01.2010 to xx.04.2010 , where xx.01.2010 is the effective date and xx.04.2010 is the expiry date of insurance (i.e no claim can be made afterwards) This is the wording which ISBP refers to. I've seen a lot of insurance/certificates incorporating such wording.

Ozoda

Insurance document with the expiry date

Post by Ozoda » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:51 am

Dear all,

I have seen in my practice the insurance document stating that it is valid from xx.xx.xxxx to xx.xx.xxxx.
Due to the fact that they are not in accordance with the below ISBP rule we have refused the subject document.

Kind regards,
Ozoda

berry

ICC opinion

Post by berry » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:32 am

i found a similar case on ICC opinion R234
Clause A of the Lloyd's Institute Cargo Clauses (01/01/82) contains no specific provisions on the validity of the insurance in course of time.
It nevertheless centers on the Transit Clause (duration), under which the goods remain covered from the time they leave the shipper's warehouse to the time of their final delivery ("Warehouse to Warehouse" Clause).
But, in the present case, the validity of the policy is limited in time from 13 March to 26 March 1995. In the absence of specific provisions in Clause A of the Institute Cargo Clauses, the dispatch of the goods, at the extreme point of the insured voyage, should take place at the latest on 26 March, the validity deadline of the insurance, without having to take into account the expiry date of the guarantee at the extreme point of the end destination.