Consignee information on other docs.

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
Trang
First Name: Tracy
Last Name: Tracy
Organization: MB
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Consignee information on other docs.

Post by Trang » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:35 pm

ISBP para 190 states: "Consignee information, if shown, must not be in conflict with the consignee information shown in the transport document. However, if a credit requires a transport document to be issued “to order”, “to the order of shipper”, “to order of the issuing bank” or “consigned to the issuing bank”, the certificate of origin may show the applicant of the credit, or another party named therein, as consignee. If a credit has been transferred, the name of the first beneficiary as consignee would also be acceptable." Does the principle equally apply to other document on which there is consignee information completed?
I am looking forward to hearing yr comments.

malla
First Name: malla
Last Name: reddy
Organization: IFTS

IF ITS SHOWN IN C.O

Post by malla » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:58 pm

Trang wrote:ISBP para 190 states: "Consignee information, if shown, must not be in conflict with the consignee information shown in the transport document. However, if a credit requires a transport document to be issued “to order”, “to the order of shipper”, “to order of the issuing bank” or “consigned to the issuing bank”, the certificate of origin may show the applicant of the credit, or another party named therein, as consignee. If a credit has been transferred, the name of the first beneficiary as consignee would also be acceptable." Does the principle equally apply to other document on which there is consignee information completed?
I am looking forward to hearing yr comments.
Hi
ISBP 184 says particularly about the consignee information shown in certificate of origin.it may not apply to all documents.

appreciate further clarification

regads
malla

ucp800
First Name: LEUNG
Last Name: KING SANG
Organization: WACHOVIA BANK N.A.

consignee information can apply to other docs

Post by ucp800 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:01 pm

Hi,

The practice highlighted in paragraph 190 of ISBP concerning the construction of the consignee (or similar)
fields on a certificate of origin when such transport document is issued "to order" or "to order of ISSUING BANK is included under the heading "Certificate of Origin", the principle equally applies to other documents on which there is
consignee information completed.

Please referring to ICC opinion
R699 (TA607)
(ISBP 681 paragraph 184)

Regards,
ucp 800

shahriar
First Name: Shahriar
Last Name: Masum
Organization: Mutual Trust Bank

i agree

Post by shahriar » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:13 pm

i agree with UCP800. good answer

nesarul
First Name: Nesarul
Last Name: Hoque
Organization: Mutual Trust Bank

Consignee information

Post by nesarul » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:07 pm

Dear,
If Credit asked for Bill of lading issued to the order of issuing bank [Bank I] and B/L issued accordingly but COO issued with consignee information as Bank I, Is it discrepanct?
Regards
Nesar