Credit no. on courier Receipt

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
Trang
First Name: Tracy
Last Name: Tracy
Organization: MB
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Post by Trang » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:10 pm

A credit available by negotiation at sight with any bank required in Field 46A as follows: "a beneficiary certificate certify that one set of non negotiable documents has been sent to the applicant within 07 days after shipment date. The relative courier receipt is presented for negotiation. The credit also contained the additional condition: "all documents must indicate the number of this credit".
The documents presented appear to be compliant with the credits terms and conditions except that the courier receipt not show the credit no.
In my opinion, the presentation would be acceptable even if the credit no. was not shown on the courier receipt because in fact the beneficiary's certificate and the courier receipt form part of the same documentary requirement and either the beneficiary's certificate and the courier receipt or the beneficiary's certificate alone may indicate the credit number.
I would be grateful for your opinion.

TLO
First Name: TONY
Last Name: LO
Organization: Societe Generale
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Post by TLO » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:36 am

Hi Trang,

I absolutely agreed with you, as the courier receipt is a attachment to the beneficiary certificate. I do not think it should count as document.

Cheers

iLC

many time

Post by iLC » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:12 pm

i agree. ICC has made the position clear that a missing LC no. is not a discrepancy irrespective of any document