UCP Article 1

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
siva.coolguys
First Name: siva
Last Name: Kumar
Organization: RBS
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

UCP Article 1

Post by siva.coolguys » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:33 pm

Hi guys

UCP Article 1 speaks about the "they are binding on all parties thereto unless expressly modified or excluded by the credit"

Please explain me with an example how it can be modified and excluded?

Thanks in advance

Regards
Siva :-? :-?

cnaw
First Name: Colin Andrew
Last Name: Krishnan
Organization: Citicorp

modified or excluded

Post by cnaw » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:02 pm

Example
UCP 600 - Article 14
c. A presentation including one or more original transport documents subject to articles 19, 20, 21, 22, 23,
24 or 25 must be made by or on behalf of the beneficiary not later than 21 calendar days after the date of
shipment as described in these rules, but in any event not later than the expiry date of the credit.
LC States in Field 48.
Document must be presented within 15 from b/l Date.
Credit had modified or excluded Article 14C.

Trang
First Name: Tracy
Last Name: Tracy
Organization: MB

UCP Article 1

Post by Trang » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:00 pm

+ Deletion of UCP 600 sub-article 28i.
If an issuing bank states that sub-article 28i is excluded, the insurance document that is to be presented must not bear any exclusion clause.
+ Deletion of sub-article 14k
By excluding this sub-article, the issuing bank is effectively stating that shipper or consignor on any document must be the named beneficiary.
Trang.