presentation time

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
raju
First Name: Raju
Last Name: Raju
Organization: export and import
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

presentation time

Post by raju » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:23 pm

Dear Friends,
I have a question, in l/c "period for presentation" suppose 15 days from the date of shipment
but within the validity of credit. does l/c could have more or less during time then that? please advise me? I really need your help.

Best regards,
Raju

edilee
First Name: edilee
Last Name: cdcs
Organization: cdcs

presentation time

Post by edilee » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:20 am

Hi Raju
Sory but your question need a bit more clarification
in your example
in all the conditions exporter must submit the documents to the bank within 15 days after shipment but the presentation date also must be in the expiry date of the L/C . presentation date must not be more than 15 days after shipment but can be earlier.
I hope it is enough for you

shahriar
First Name: Shahriar
Last Name: Masum
Organization: Mutual Trust Bank

here is an example

Post by shahriar » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:24 pm

dear raju,

say the latest shipment date is january 31st and expiry date is 10th February. period of presentation as per your query.

now if you ship the goods on January 1st, you must present the document within 15th January even though the LC validity is upto 15th February.

again if you ship the goods on January 31st, you have to present the document within 10th February. in this case you are no getting the entire 15 days as shipment date+15 is beyond the LC expiry.

hope that will help.

raju
First Name: Raju
Last Name: Raju
Organization: export and import

Thanks Shahriar

Post by raju » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:16 pm

Thanks Shahriar for your further explanation.
Raju