which date is the b/l date?

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
21vita
First Name: hui
Last Name: Fang
Organization: bank
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

which date is the b/l date?

Post by 21vita » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:06 am

i have a question
if a lc requires that shipping advice should be sent to the applicant 3 days after b/l date.
then which date should be regard as b/l date? the on board date or the b/l issuance date?
our docs has been refused once.issuing bank maintains that the issuance date should be the b/l date.
ISBP 43 C only illustrate the way of calculation of maturity.

any comments appreciated

edilee
First Name: edilee
Last Name: cdcs
Organization: cdcs

which date is the b/l date

Post by edilee » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:49 pm

hello
as you mentioned on your question I think the date must be shipped on board date as indicated ISBP 43 C
I also think shipment date is important because applicant may insure the shipment.
thanks for this good question

shahriar
First Name: Shahriar
Last Name: Masum
Organization: Mutual Trust Bank

ICC opinion R568

Post by shahriar » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:29 pm

you may consider R568.
For the purpose of fixing the maturity date of a draft to be drawn under a credit which stipulates such draft to be drawn "X days after B/L date", the date of the on board notation, if any, should be considered the "B/L date" irrespective of whether the date of the on board notation is later or earlier than the date of issuance of the bill of lading.