the applicant requires a set of docs to be sent by courier

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
Ella
First Name: Mihaela
Last Name: N
Organization: Wood Planet
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

the applicant requires a set of docs to be sent by courier

Post by Ella » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:18 am

Hello, everybody

Could you help me please with a piece of advice on the following matter:
We have an L/C opened by a client and in the L/C the applicant requires a document from our side certifying that "the beneficiary has transmitted by courier to the applicant the following docs: original invoice, 1/3 original B/L, certificate of origin, etc" I said we should not accept this no matter what, but our bank said that if all the documents were drawn up "to order of the issuing bank", we could accept this condition..I still don't feel comfortable with this, can we have problems afterwards, even if the docs are "to order of the bank"? Thanks a lot for your help and for your time.

21vita
First Name: hui
Last Name: Fang
Organization: bank
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

hi

Post by 21vita » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:53 am

Dear friend,IMHO,,yr bank are correct.Issuing bank assists app in delivery of the goods by endorsed the relative b/l,it shall take responsbility.