Third Party document not acceptable

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
cnaw
First Name: Colin Andrew
Last Name: Krishnan
Organization: Citicorp
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Third Party document not acceptable

Post by cnaw » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:01 am

Dear friends,
i have a question. LC shows under field 47a(additional condition) that third party documents are not allowed. My question
is b/l by nature is a third party document. Does this clause in field 47 contradicting. thanks for your answer.

narisa

third party b/l

Post by narisa » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:57 pm

Dear Jim
Third party means party other than beneficiary and bill of lading is a transport docs which may be issued by carrier , owner,master ,charterer or any party (who received the goods for shipment)
as per ucp art 14f.so even if l/c shows third party doc not allowed but b/l can be issued by third party as its nature (in the same as insurance docs must be issued by insurance company)
rgds

LCstudent
First Name: Kurt
Last Name: Kehrer
Organization: Bank

3rd Party documents

Post by LCstudent » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:43 pm

Dear friends ! I agree with Narisa in capt. item. But I also refer to ISBP 681 point 21 where the interpretations are explained. I furthermore think L/C issuing bank and the applicant should clearly indicate which document is NOT allowed to be issued through a third party precisely to avoid any ambigous meanings. Very important seems to be ISBP 681/Preliminary Considerations/Points 1,2 and 3. What do You think about that ? Rgds LCStudent

cnaw
First Name: Colin Andrew
Last Name: Krishnan
Organization: Citicorp

CDCS

Post by cnaw » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:31 am

Thanks a lot friends for the explanation.Im sitting for my CDCS next year April, my company sponsoring it as well giving classes,
we had finished ISBP and now studying UCP. Any study tips. thanks