Different Buyer (Applicant) & Consignee

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
DKalra
First Name: Deepak
Last Name: Kalra
Organization: Mitsui
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Different Buyer (Applicant) & Consignee

Post by DKalra » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:33 pm

Dear All

I need some urgent help on the small queries i have below:

In case the consignee is different as compared to the Applicant of L/C than whether the consignee name is required to be specified on L/C? If not specified can this be called as discrepancy by the Bank?

Secondly in the same case if the seller is required to deliver the goods at a different place (i.e. Consignees address) rather than the place mentioned in the LC (Applicant / Buyers Address) than can this be called as discrepancy by the Bank?

shahriar
First Name: Shahriar
Last Name: Masum
Organization: Mutual Trust Bank
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

whats the clause

Post by shahriar » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:00 pm

dear,

this could be a good question. but unfortunately without more information, i think we can not answer it correctly. it will be nice if you can quote the relevent credit clauses. as a very general answer, unless the LC specifies the consignee and its address, issuing bank can not raise a discrepancy.

other comment appreciated.