certified copy

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
cristiand969
First Name: Cristian
Last Name: D.
Organization: Bank
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

certified copy

Post by cristiand969 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:47 pm

Have you come accross with letters of credit indicating among the documents to be presented a document called ' CERTIFED COPY OF XXX (TEST REPORT, QUALITY CERTIFICATE. FAX ADVICE).
What meaning it conveys: original or copy?

picant

both

Post by picant » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:13 pm

Hi Pals

In my opinion, as per UCP 600 art. 3, and ISBP 681, could be presented an original or a copy, but duly certified by issuer by stamps, signature etc.

Other comments appreciated

Ciao

bdesh
First Name: Hafizur
Last Name: Rahman
Organization: Southeast Bank Ltd

CERTIFIED TRUE COPY

Post by bdesh » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:32 pm

HI,
I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION.
1. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ORIGINAL & CERIFIED TRUE COPY?
2. USUALLY IN WHAT CASES CERIFIED TRUE COPY USED?

iLC

agree

Post by iLC » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:35 pm

Hey crisitian and picant,

good to have post from you after a long time. i missed the forum last few weeks though :ymblushing:

i agree with picant. certified copy is anything but a original and as per UCP article 17 either copy or original is acceptable where the LC calls for a copy
d. If a credit requires presentation of copies of documents, presentation of either originals or copies is permitted.
bdesh wrote:HI,
I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION.
1. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ORIGINAL & CERTIFIED TRUE COPY?
2. USUALLY IN WHAT CASES CERTIFIED TRUE COPY USED?
dear,
a certified copy is a true copy of an original which has been attested by the authorized public officials as an accurate and a complete reproduction of the original document. a certified copy is an legally acceptable document in place of an original where an original can not be produced for reason like lost or damage or if the original is already employed in some other purposes.

bdesh
First Name: Hafizur
Last Name: Rahman
Organization: Southeast Bank Ltd

Thanks to iLC

Post by bdesh » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:58 pm

Hi iLC,
Thanks a lot for the answer. Now I'm clear.
Regards

Judith

To iLC

Post by Judith » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:52 am

Agree with you on the explanation of certified copy except for the “attested by the authorized public officials” bit.

I think the matter of who must certify the copy is open. Normally, the issuer of the document may certify the copy of the document. However, in many cases, other parties may also certify. For example, as proof of identity, I am asked to submit a copy of my passport on which I have certified the words “True Copy”…

In case of Christian’s example i.e. “Fax Report”… I would assume that the beneficiary would have to certify it.

Other comments appreciated.