Letter of credit requires credit report

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
nura

Letter of credit requires credit report

Post by nura » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:39 pm

just today we have received a letter of credit. it has a condition in swift field 46a asking for a credit report from the negotiating bank. my bank is confused with the clause. they said they cant give it and said that its mandatory since its in 46a. some of them though said that its not a binding condition since issuing bank cannot push the nominated bank.

picant

reasons

Post by picant » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:46 pm

Hi Pal,

I think that due to Compliance in the banks, an issuing(paying) bank could have liability as per KYC, Patriot Act etc. But some reports must be request or checked before issuing an l/c. Yiu have naturally clarified with the banks involved. I dare say that, at the end; you could present your bank letter stating "Credit report-we certify have relationship with l/c beneficiary" that could be enough!!!

other comments appreciated

Ciao

bdesh
First Name: Hafizur
Last Name: Rahman
Organization: Southeast Bank Ltd
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Credit Report

Post by bdesh » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:53 pm

Hi,
Yes, its mandatory since its in 46a. However if they (negotiating bank) cant give it, the beneficiary should contact with the applicant for suitable amendment.
Regards.