Rectified Dox after presentation

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
bdesh
First Name: Hafizur
Last Name: Rahman
Organization: Southeast Bank Ltd
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Rectified Dox after presentation

Post by bdesh » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:20 pm

Hi Everybody,
Confirming Bank who is also the Negotiating Bank sent rectified dox on receipt of discrepancy advice from Issuing Bank.
If the rectified dox presented at the counter of Issuing Bank within stipulated time in the LC, is the dox to be treated as complyant?
bdesh

Navi
First Name: Olcay
Last Name: Özcan
Organization: Bank

Yes

Post by Navi » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:10 am

Dear friend,
As far as I understood, beneficiary, within presentation period corrected discrepancies (advised by issuing bank) and represented docs to confirming bank. In my opinion nothing wrong, presentation is complying...
Well, I just noticed Today's Quote :)
The beneficiary and the remitting bank always have the possibility of putting the documents in order provided this is done before expiry of the credit, and that the documents are then presented within the time allowed - Icc Opinion R241
Regards

shahriar
First Name: Shahriar
Last Name: Masum
Organization: Mutual Trust Bank

i agree

Post by shahriar » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:46 pm

i fully agree with navi. a beneficiary can present the corrected document anytime before the expiry of the credit. in addition if the credit is availably with the confirming bank, its ok if the beneficiary present the document to the confirming bank within the expiry even if the issuing bank receives the documents after the expiry of the credit. the beneficiary can also present the corrected document directly to the issuing bank even when the document was initially presented to the confirming bank.