PARAGRAPH 95 ISBP 681

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
loankim
First Name: Loan
Last Name: Nguyen
Organization: VIB
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

PARAGRAPH 95 ISBP 681

Post by loankim » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:41 pm

Hi all,

would you please tell me the reason of lacking of the identification of freight forwarder as mater or agent for the master ?!

rgds,

picant

Freight Forwarder

Post by picant » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:59 pm

Hi Pal,

I think that a Master cannot sign a Freight Forwarder document, as he can sign only a bill of ladinh, that is a transport document. Freight Forwarder could organize a transport but the Master can only perform it, by its vessel.

Other comments appreciated

Ciao

iLC

freight forwarder is the agent of the shipper

Post by iLC » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:25 pm

Hi!

i think a freight forwarder is the agent of the shipper; not the maser or carrier. hence there is no logical reason to allow freight forwarder to sign on behalf of the master or carrier. :)

loankim
First Name: Loan
Last Name: Nguyen
Organization: VIB
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

more clearly

Post by loankim » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:28 am

Hi ILC,

Thanks for yr comment but i am also ambiguous. :-\
i think the word "without" is mentioning to the case which a credit does not state " Freight forwarder's bill of lading is acceptable" then in oder to be acceptable, forwadering agent must still comply with other requirements of UCP 600 sub Article 20(ai). But in the paragraph 95, the editor only mentions to its capacity such as carrier/ agent of named carrier.
You wrote that:" freight forwarder is the agent of the shipper; not the maser or carrier".
Pls tell me more and correct me if i am wrong :)

rgds,