SHIPPER OR CONSIGNOR AS APPLICANT ON TRANSPORT DOCUMENT

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
murteza
First Name: Syed
Last Name: Murtuza
Organization: BSI
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

SHIPPER OR CONSIGNOR AS APPLICANT ON TRANSPORT DOCUMENT

Post by murteza » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:31 am

Dear DC Experts,

Here is my question to all for your views and comments-

Can a B/L, AWB, Truckway Bill, etc show the shipper or consignor as ''The Applicant '' of the credit?
Best regards

picant

from ucp 600 ........

Post by picant » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:53 pm

Hi Pal,

art 14 k UCP 600 and ISBP 681 point 21 c, are clear. I dont know if such possibility will involve problems not included and regulated by UCP Terms.
Other comments appreciated

nesarul
First Name: Nesarul
Last Name: Hoque
Organization: Mutual Trust Bank
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

shipper or consignor

Post by nesarul » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:06 pm

dear all, i assume that ur l/c is not transferable one. Then as we know the contract of carriage has got two salient party i.e.shipper(beneficiary,supplier,manufacturer etc .) and carrier. What will happen if the shipper column has been filled up with the name of applicant.!!!! it seems to be that the applicant shpped the goods to the issuing bank or applicant. (assume that consignee is either applicant or issuing bank) that means its irrelevent...... moreover as per as endorsement is concerned........!!!! Its peculier, either endorse to issuing bank then to applicant or applicant supply the gosds to the applicant him/herself. So despite there is article 14k, isbp 21c, ....its practically impossible..... Regards nesar

sunny

It is possible

Post by sunny » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:54 am

I've seen such forms of involvement whereby the applicant issue the letter of credit in favor of the manufacturer but wants other third party buying the goods unaware of manufacturer . I am sure that consignee is either TO ORDER or Notify party is that final buyer