Shipmnt adv show name of consignee other than Op.bank & appl

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
murteza
First Name: Syed
Last Name: Murtuza
Organization: BSI
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Shipmnt adv show name of consignee other than Op.bank & appl

Post by murteza » Fri May 15, 2009 4:49 pm

Hello All,
I would appreciate your views on the following:-
A presentation of documents were made to the nominated bank. Upon scrutiny the nominated bank observed that the shipment advise shows the name of a party as "Consignee" (which neither a issuing bank nor a applicant of the credit) under the "Shipping Marks" and refused the documents stating that the documents conflict with one another. The other documents presented were evidencing Consignee as "Issuing Bank". Is this refusal made by the nominated bank is correct?. Also note that there is no requirement in the credit to show the consignee name.
Meanwhile, the beneficiary argued that the shipment advise shows such information under the heading "shipping marks" and he insist that documents are not discrepant and are in accordance with the lc terms.
Please advise your opinion on this who is right ?

picant

Interesting, please clarify.

Post by picant » Sat May 16, 2009 2:46 pm

Hi Pal,

I understand that in the details contained in a shipment advice(sent to whom ?) in the shipping mark section is indicated ...... consignee XXX. This datum is in contrast with terms and condition of the l/c.
How document was called for? Shipping mark are different in other documents?
IMHO, such marks refer to the further instructions to handle the cargo at destination but for the buyer not for the carrier. However more data are necessary.
Please inform me and the community.

Ciao

murteza
First Name: Syed
Last Name: Murtuza
Organization: BSI
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Shpmnt adv show name of consignee other than op.bnk& applica

Post by murteza » Tue May 19, 2009 12:18 am

Hello Ciao,

The shipment advise was intended for the Insurance Company ? Hope the question is clear for u to post your reply?

picant

shipping marks

Post by picant » Tue May 19, 2009 12:42 pm

Dear Murteza,

I understand that the shipment advice sent to insurance company was indicating between other details "Shipping mark .... consignee....". I will consider it discrepant only if the shipping marks would be different from those indicated in the Invoice, Packing List or Bill of lading in the proper space. I will consider it a mere qualification of goods, for the buyer, to have an immediate idea, that the goods will be taken up and delivered to the true destinatary. I can ask the seller to qualify packages to identify immediately the contents. However is very difficult to answer without having seen documents.
Other comments appreciated

Ciao