Invoice And Credit Note Show Goods From Different LC

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
MIA19
First Name: SNJEŽANA
Last Name: CINDRIĆ LUKAČEV
Organization: ZAGREBAČKA BANKA DD
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Invoice And Credit Note Show Goods From Different LC

Post by MIA19 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:17 pm

Dear all,
if we receive documents containing invoice and credit note which is referring to some goods from another l/c or completly different job, requiring reduced payment fot the amount of that credit note, can we say it is discrepancy that credit note is not referring to goods required by l/c terms.
I am aware that invoice can show discounts, but not discounts for some other goods, and I know that documents not required by the credit may be disregarded, but than can not be taken as basis for reduced payment.
thanks
regards

picant

Note

Post by picant » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:24 am

I have this notw:

Invoice showing a deduction not mentioned in the credit
Question raised: 25/04/2015 LC does not state that any discounts/deductions are permitted. However, invoice evidences x amount less credit note amount. The net and gross invoice value are within the LC value. Is this a discrepancy?
ISBP 745, paragraph C7 states that an invoice may indicate a deduction covering advance payment, discount, etc., that is not stated in the credit.
-
Other comments appreciated
Ciao

MIA19
First Name: SNJEŽANA
Last Name: CINDRIĆ LUKAČEV
Organization: ZAGREBAČKA BANKA DD
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

CREDIT NOTE

Post by MIA19 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:44 pm

Dear Picant,
thank you for your reply.
But anyway, paragraph C7 an an invoice may indicate a deduction covering advance payment, discount, etc., that is not stated in the credit... does that mean that it advance, discount,... can refer to some other goods outside of this particular l/c
regards
Snježana