INCOTERM Mentioned In Field 44F Of The LC

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
AnasB
First Name: Anas
Last Name: Bahri
Organization: Catalan
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

INCOTERM Mentioned In Field 44F Of The LC

Post by AnasB » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:32 pm

Hi Everyone, I have the following question and would appreciate your inputs on,,

LC first came out with wrong description of goods under field 45A (inconsistent and wrong), therefore we requested amendment and the applicant did the following:

Amendment No. 1 received as follows:

79: Narrative
PLEASE AMEND THIS L/C AS FOLLOWS:

3-UNDER FIELD 44F ARRIVAL PORT TO RAED (UMM QASSER
,BASRAH ,IRAQ,THEN CIP BY TRUCK TO APPLICANT STORES)

4-UNDER FIELD 45A DESCRIPTION OF GOODS TO READ

(SUPPLY MATERIAL 1, MATERIAL 2, MATERIAL 3, MATERIAL 4
CHEMICALS PURCHASE ORDER NUMBER 1111
ORIGIN UNITED ARAB EMIRATES

END OF LC DETAILS...

Now the question is that the amendment recieved has no IncoTerms in it? while CIP was mentioned under field 44F which is not the right place to list such detail..

MY question is: Shall I leave my Invoice without mentioning specific IncoTerm? Or I can use the one mentioned under field 44F?

Thank you in advance for your prompt reply.

Navi
First Name: Olcay
Last Name: Özcan
Organization: Bank

INCOTERMS must be mentioned

Post by Navi » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:07 pm

Hi,

Although INCOTERMS not properly stated, you cannot ignore field 44F.

You had better include INCOTERMS with the goods description, to avoid possible rejection of documents.

AnasB
First Name: Anas
Last Name: Bahri
Organization: Catalan

Thanks for your reply,,

Post by AnasB » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:16 pm

Hi, The problem that the applicant refused to amend the field believing that mentioning the Incoterm in field 44F is sufficient and will be enough and clear so we can use it as IncoTerm.

I believe the main problem is with the current field contents, each party will have a different understanding and eventually which will be ground for docs rejection! What do you think?