Which Transport Article Is Applicable When Charter Party BL Is Presented

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
Anturium
First Name: Lena
Last Name: Jor
Organization: YY
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Which Transport Article Is Applicable When Charter Party BL Is Presented

Post by Anturium » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:49 pm

Hi everyone!

I would appreciate if you could provide me with your comments regarding the following issue:

If L/C terms require presentation of a Port to Port B/L or Ocean B/L but Charter party B/L is presented instead, under which article would you examine the presented document? (It is clear that one of the discrepancies would be Charter presented i/o Ocean B/L, but than would you comment on the signing of the document (weather the master or the carrier can sign it?)
Thank you all in advance :)

CristianD
First Name: Cristian
Last Name: Dodu
Organization: Banks
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Applicable article

Post by CristianD » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:46 pm

You should review the document in accordance with applicable rule of document requested in L/C. Since CPBL has been presented that means the required document by L/C has not been presented and CPBL would be an additional document not required under the credit. Therefore, examining a document not required under the credit would not seem to be within the scope of L/C.
regards