Freight Forwarder Can Issued And Sign Bill Without Indicating Its Capacity And Carrier's Name

The forum is dedicated to all who deals with LCs. Please share your experiences, problems and opinions with us. You are requested to be confined to LC related issues only. Let us together discover the beauty of Letter of Credit. Thank and regards – admin; besttradesolution.com
dodo
First Name: thanh
Last Name: thanh
Organization: dt co.,ltd
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Freight Forwarder Can Issued And Sign Bill Without Indicating Its Capacity And Carrier's Name

Post by dodo » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:49 pm

Hi All,
it is very confused when i read the case as follows. In a book, they ask this statement is incorrect or not?

"A house air waybill which fails to indicate the name of the carrier and signed by the forwarder indicating that they were
acting as agents of the carrier, indicating airport of departure as LAX and airport of destination as ICN"

And the answer is inccorrect becuase that AWB fails to indicate the name of carrier.

Could you explain for me? I don't understand, because isbp says that freight forwarder can issued and sign bill without indicating its capacity and carrier's name.

Your quick reply is appreciated.

picant

Probably...

Post by picant » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:18 am

Hi Pal,

the problem is that the transport document is a normal AWB even if named HAWB.
Probably H3 b ISBP 745 it is applicable to l/c allowing HAWB, but in this case the transport document "however named" is a true AWB-
Other comments appreciated
Ciao

shafi865
First Name: S. M. Shafiqur
Last Name: Rahman, CDCS
Organization: Southeast Bank Ltd.
Filter: Two Plus Two =: 4

Post by shafi865 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:06 pm

Insufficient Data provided by you.

Before making any conclusion, we have to know the requirement of DC in this regard : Whether the credit permits the "House Air way Bill" or not ? If credit states "House Air way Bill acceptable", then your answer is correct otherwise your answer is wrong.